Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ohhhh I spoke waaay too soon!

Well a bit of a change in the weather today. Wind and wind and wind, plus some rain to rub it in.
40 mile an hour headwinds suck, they really suck when you have the twin sisters on the back cause no matter how aero you get, those bags are just dragging you down.





Couple of bridges to ride over, you really notice the wind on these. That second one I hit with some speed coming off a downhill. I got blown almost across two lanes of traffic and had sticks and bark thrown in my face. It was great.
Again, this one's for Craig and Karen





Made it to Jessie Honeyman State Park for the night. That's the face of 60 miles into headwinds.
Funny though, met these three roadies halfway through the ride, they were just out for a day ride and were talking shit about how fast they go through the next section. They were screwing around at this coffee shop and I really didn't want to leave before them but left and expected them to pass me pretty quick. About a half hour later I see this truck go by with the 3 road bikes in the back. Harden the fuck up boys.
Stayed at this park with Craig and Karen on a MTB trip we did a couple years ago. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment