Saturday, October 9, 2010

All aboard to Disappointment

Another good day, nice riding down to the Columbia River and the border of Oregon. Had my meal I didn't cook myself at a littler diner in South Bend, the Oyster Capital of the World!! So I had some oysters for breakfast. Unfortunately my battery died on my camera. But here's a bit of the day.

Bike tune up in the trees, bridges to cross.






Sloughs and mud flats.






66 miles done, another 20 to go.






My 'Whole Foods' for the evening, I guess not true for this boat, it was for sale.




Finally I end up at Cape Disappointment State Park. Named due to the thousand or so ships sunk at the mouth of the Columbia. She's a angry sea at that location. Also the end of the Lewis and Clark Western trail and my last night in Washington.








Some cool WWII bunkers and the sun setting on Washington.








1 comment:

  1. Hey bro,

    You trips looks amazing! We're all impressed that you're taking this on. I'm glad you've brought the internet with you, nice to be able to keep up with your adventure.

    I'm sure your camera does video, so let's see some moving pictures!

    We'll be keeping an eye on this blog.

    ReplyDelete