Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Border to Bay Area























So I know it's been almost a month since my last post and people probably think I rolled off a cliff and have been decomposing for the last few weeks. Alas that is not true I actually kept riding and am as of now am sitting in Hermosa Beach in LA getting my crap together to ride a couple days down to the border and into Mexico. I had written some nice long daily updates offline with the intention of uploading them when I got to civilisation. When I got to the the Bay Area/Oakland I tried to get it going but my incompetence and a slow Internet connection that I was borrowing from a neighbour hampered my efforts. I put it off and eventually rolled into here, LA. After screwing around with these things and trying to different ways to get it to work I ended up deleting them all by mistake.
That gets us to here. I will give you a brief time line of where I've been and get you all up to date.










Since I last posted I rolled into California. Saw some big damn trees and some wicked chest hair on a large Paul Bunyan.














 Hit Eureka, first town where I felt weird about leaving my bike outside of the grocery store. Rolled into the Avenue of Giants. A scenic 35 mile road that winds through a large Redwood grove. Very cool big ass trees.














Rode from the higher altitude down  to the coast. Had the longest climb of the US portion of my trip. Really wasn't that bad, they say 2000ft but it's longer and the 1000ft climb you hit after you descend hurt a lot more. Nice to be back on the ocean with warmer weather.














Northern California is great, lots of cool little towns and great views.

















Finally hit San Fransisco and my family in Oakland. Managed to meet up with my Uncle Mike, Aunt Janet and cousins Rose, Keely and Ryan. Had a amazing time with them, they really took care of me. Got caught up in the baseball world series, GO GIANTS! A few days turned into a week heheheh. Well worth it, such a great time there. My cousin in law and his parents took us out on a cruise on their beautiful boat. Super cool. Got to visit the fine town of Isleton, not to be missed...























For some reason I took almost no pictures in Oakland or San Fran. I don't know why but I didn't.
Left San Fran on a crazy rainy day. It was good to be on the road. Had to slow down and shorten my next portion of my trip to time it with meeting up with my uncle Jay and cousin Nick in LA. This was nice, allowed me to see the sights and enjoy my time on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment